Posted September 08, 2019 09:31:57A number of job seekers sites and apps have been taken offline as part of a Government-led crackdown on job seekers.
Auckland Airport has had its mobile app temporarily taken offline.
The Government said it would also be making a “comprehensive” push to encourage people to use social media.
The Government says it wants to make sure the unemployed have access to job applications.
It’s not clear if the site was the same as that used by those who were previously able to submit applications for work in Auckland Airport, but the site has been taken down.
The Auckland Airport website has been used by more than 1,200 people since it opened in 2014.
“As part of our job seekers campaign, we’ve launched an ambitious campaign to get more people using social media to get job applications in the first place,” a spokesperson for Auckland Airport said.
People with valid work visas and those who have already applied to be a part of the temporary workforce are allowed to use the site.
But others are being forced to use different applications, or face having their jobs removed.
In its statement, the Government said people should use the same apps to get the job they want.
This will help make sure we’re providing opportunities for people who want to work, rather than those who just want to apply to jobs.
You can find out more about the Auckland Airport site here.