DALLAS — The United States men’s national team coach says he won’t be a “billionaire” once his contract expires next month and is confident he can make it through another World Cup.
Mauricio Pochettino is not seeking another two-year contract.
Instead, he wants to be paid what he made last year and will remain with the MNT as a consultant.
The coach, who won the U.S. championship with the national team in 2016, said he had no plans to retire but did not rule out coaching in the future.
“I don’t think there’s any doubt in my mind,” Pochettinos said Tuesday.
He said he has no desire to retire, but added that he will remain a consultant on the team.
Pochettinos and the team will meet again this week for the second time this year and coach Klinsmann will be in charge.