Citibank Credit Card Insurance
Citibank credit cards come with a range of benefits, including insurance cover and protection.
Account Balance Protection Insurance
Citibank provides Account Balance Protection Insurance which covers up to 12 monthly account balances up to a maximum of AUD $20,000 if you lose your job or become involuntarily unemployed. Features of the coverage include:
- 24/7 protection, giving you the security of knowing you will have some cash, even in an emergency.
- 4 weeks consecutive waiting period, with a two month maximum pay-out period.
- Assistance from a dedicated claims team, helping you to access the benefits quickly.
Travel & Rental Car Insurance
Citibank also offers complimentary travel insurance and rental car insurance when you pay for flights or car hire using your Citibank credit card. This insurance can cover you for a range of expenses, including:
- Loss of travel documents, including stolen passports and visas.
- Travel delays, with cover of up to $1,000 per person.
- Rental car excess, with cover of up to $5,000.
You may be eligible for extra coverage if you meet certain requirements, such as selecting a higher level of cover or spending more than a certain amount.
Credit Card Fraud Protection
Citibank’s fraud protection program will protect you against fraudulent charges on your credit card. If you suspect your card has been used fraudulently, simply report it to Citibank and you will be provided with prompt assistance.
Under the Credit Card Fraud Protection program, you are covered for:
- Fraudulent online purchases,
- Fraudulent phone or mail purchases,
- Lost or stolen cards,
- Unauthorized card charges.
Citibank credit cards offer a range of insurance covers and protections that are designed to give you peace of mind and safeguard you from unexpected events. With credit card fraud protection, Account Balance Protection Insurance, and Travel & Rental Car Insurance, your credit card can provide you with more than just credit – it can provide you with protection and reassurance.